New students are encouraged to enroll in FSE 194 EPICS Gold I for the fall 2013 semester. Continuing project teams can enroll in FSE 394 EPICS Gold II.
FSE 194: EPICS GOLD I — Feasibility and Planning
One credit. No prerequisites. Open to all Engineering students.
- FSE 194, Section #76001 – Monday, 4:40-5:30 p.m.
- FSE 194, Section #87984 – Tuesday, 12-12:50 p.m.
- FSE 194, Section #87985 – Tuesday, 4:40-5:30 p.m.
EPICS GOLD Course Outcomes
- Discipline Knowledge: ability to apply material from your discipline to the design of community-based projects
- Design Process: understanding design as a start-to-finish process
- Lifelong Learning: ability to identify and acquire new knowledge as a part of the problem solving/design process
- Customer Awareness: understanding the customer’s project needs, larger objectives and available resources
- Teamwork: ability to function on multidisciplinary teams and appreciate the contributions of individuals from multiple disciplines
- Communication: ability to communicate effectively with people with widely-varying backgrounds
- Ethics: awareness of professional ethics and responsibility
- Social Context: appreciation for the role that your discipline can play in social contexts