EPICS High SchoolEvents and Important Dates
EPICS High Olympiad – September 15, 2017 (high school) & October 3, 2017 (middle school)
The EPICS High Olympiad is an excellent way to kick off the school year with a fun field trip experience for both students and teachers. The objectives of this program are to:
- Engage in a hands-on activity using the EPICS Design Process
- Show how EPICS High impacts the community
- Provide opportunities for collaboration and networking with several different high schools
- Introduce skills that will help students and teachers tackle some of the challenges ahead.
August 18: Olympiad Registration Opens
High School Olympiad Registration is at capacity and is now closed.
Middle School Olympiad Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-epics-high-olympiad-middle-school-registration-37042342644
September 22: Olympiad Middle School registration closes
Interested in volunteering? Visit http://signup.com/go/dUfPLWD to learn more.
EPICS High Pitch Funding Competition
The EPICS High Pitch Funding Competition is an opportunity for EPICS High teams to submit their projects to a review committee for potential funding. This year, teams will have the opportunity to submit applications during one of three funding cycles.
In order to receive funding, teams must:
1. Submit an EPICS High student registration form for each team member.
2. Have a current 2017-2018 MOU on file between their school/district and ASU EPICS High.
3. Complete all sections of the application: Project Charter, Timeline, Budget, and Pitch Video.
4. Meet ALL deadlines, including last day to submit materials lists for ordering. If teams do not submit final materials lists by the deadline, FUNDING IS CONSIDERED FORFEITED.
For complete list of rules and guidelines, please read the UPDATED 2017-2018 PF Handbook (1). Please be sure to review this handbook before applying.
If you plan to apply during Cycle I, be sure to check out our informational webinar at https://connect.asu.edu/pitchfunding1/ on Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11am. If you miss it, don’t worry! All webinars will be recorded and posted in the Resources section of this site.
- Apply in Cycle I between September 1, 2017 and October 6, 2017: https://asuengineering.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djzp0nLlN5Uencx
- Apply in Cycle II between November 3, 2017 and December 15, 2017:
- Apply to Cycle III between February 2, 2018 and March 9, 2018:
April 21, 2018
Arizona State University, Tempe Campus
Please join us at our upcoming EPICS High Showcase, an end-of-the-year event, designed to exhibit team projects and celebrate their success and impact on the communities around them. Industry partners, faculty, and staff evaluate students on their project and how well they present the information. Top teams are given awards and those that win the IoT Challenge can win cash awards of $5,000, $3000, and $2000 per team.
Summer Teacher Trainings