This EPICS Team has partnered with the Shonto Chapter of the Navajo Indian Nation in Northern Arizona to provide them with a source of ecotourism and outdoor activities for the children of the community, as they have very little recreational and after-school options for the children in the community. We have partnered with the community to use mountain biking as an outdoor activity that will be used locally for the children in the form of a pump track and a loop designed for the high schoolers as well as a 12-mile ridge trail to attract tourists to foster a local, sustainable economic sector.
- Danielle Seddon, Sophomore, Mechanical Engineering
- Alex Owen, Sophomore, Civil Engineering
- Jeffrey Derrick, Sophomore, Electrical Engineering
- Chirag Dewan, Freshman, Software Engineering
- Alex Turner, Freshman, Civil Engineering