The team is currently working on addressing a problem located in South Africa. The team was recently formed on the Spring 2019 semester and initiated communications with the community partner, Bridge2Africa in order to determine where there is a problem to address. Throughout the semester the problem was identified as there being a neglect towards the physically impaired in South Africa. The team has since began working on developing a smart wheelchair that will be able to meet the needs stated by the community partner as well as begin to change the social stigma that comes with a wheelchair. Throughout the project the team will continue to develop and test various aspects of a wheelchair in order to deliver an efficient solution.
- Daniel Haros, Junior, Mechanical Engineering
- Catherine Johnston, Junior, Aerospace Engineering
- Joseph Kong, Senior, Mechanical Engineering
- Rexford Marsh, Mechanical Engineering
- Fernando Sarmiento, Junior, Mechanical Engineering
- Rodney Staggers Jr, Sophomore, Mechanical Engineering