EPICS High SchoolEvents and Important Dates
EPICS High Olympiad – September 14, 2018 (high school) & September 28, 2018 (middle school)
The EPICS High Olympiad is an excellent way to kick off the school year with a fun field trip experience for both students and teachers. The objectives of this program are to:
- Engage in a hands-on activity using the EPICS Design Process
- Show how EPICS High impacts the community
- Provide opportunities for collaboration and networking with several different high schools
- Introduce skills that will help students and teachers tackle some of the challenges ahead.
Current EPICS High schools are encouraged to attend. For more information contact Jennifer Velez at email@example.com.
Interested in volunteering? Visit http://signup.com/go/JcVHsOE to learn more.
EPICS High Pitch Funding Competition
The EPICS High Pitch Funding Competition is an opportunity for EPICS High teams to submit their projects to a review committee for potential funding. This year, teams will have the opportunity to submit applications during one of three funding cycles.
In order to receive funding, teams must:
1. Have a current MOU on file between their school/district and ASU EPICS High.
2. Complete all sections of the application: Project Charter, Timeline, Budget, and Pitch Video.
3. Meet ALL deadlines, including last day to submit materials lists for ordering. If teams do not submit final materials lists by the deadline, FUNDING IS CONSIDERED FORFEITED.
In order to receive funding, the project must show evidence of:
1. Human-centered design- must include feedback/input from stakeholders in both identifying the problem AND the solution. Remember, you are designing for others!
2. Use of the engineering design process
For complete list of rules and guidelines, please read the UPDATED 2018-2019 PF Handbook. Please be sure to review this handbook before applying. All teams should use the Project Charter Template in the handbook to complete the Project Charter portion of the application. Middle school teams will be scored using a grade level appropriate rubric.Apply
April 13, 2019
Arizona State University, Tempe Campus
The EPICS High Showcase is a special day for EPICS High teams to display their work, pitch their ideas to industry professionals and ASU faculty and students, and receive feedback on their amazing efforts to change the world. All students will be celebrated for their accomplishments with additional awards for teams in areas of community impact, innovation, and teams whose work embodies the spirit of EPICS High. This year, we will also be identifying an outstanding middle school team.
As in previous years, there will be an Internet of Things category, sponsored by the Cisco corporate advised fund at Silicon Valley Foundation. Cisco’s goal is to empower a generation of global problem solvers who are developing new Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and technologies that can be leveraged for social good. Top teams are given awards and those that win the IoT Challenge can win cash awards of $5,000, $3000, and $2000 per team.
|Team Check-in||7:00 AM – 7:45 AM|
|Welcome and Housekeeping||8:00 AM – 8:30 AM|
|Judging Sessions||9:00 AM – 11:30 AM|
|Team Exhibits||8:30 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Lunch||11:00 AM – 12:45 PM|
|Judge Deliberations||11:30 AM – 12:45 PM|
|Awards Ceremony||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM|