EPICS Online Objectives:
In order to provide ASU Online students within the Fulton Schools of Engineering an opportunity to learn outside of traditional coursework in a multidisciplinary setting, the EPICS program is offering an online offering that will allow students to participate in EPICS online. Online students will be able to work with their team, faculty and industry mentors virtually throughout the semester to build, design and deploy their engineering solutions for a local community partner.
How it will work?
- Students learn human centered design process through online video lectures and activities
- Students are placed on an EPICS team with in-person students to work on a project
- Must plan to attend their scheduled team meeting virtually
- Should expect to individually contribute to the project on a weekly basis.
- Participation on teams will vary, but may include:
- Collaboration in technical design reviews via video conferencing
- Background research on material properties, existing technologies, etc.
- Simulations, modeling, and/or coding
If you have any questions about EPICS Online, email Joshua Loughman (firstname.lastname@example.org).